The #1 Pest Control Services in Northwest Arkansas
What are carpenter ants?
Carpenter ants are a wood-destroying species of ants that cause significant damage to homes and other structures they invade. Carpenter ants are one of the largest species of ants living in the United States. These ants have segmented, oval-shaped bodies and are black, red, or a combination of those colors. Ants are social insects that live together in large colonies. Workers have large, powerful mandibles used to chew through wood, creating tunnels and nesting galleries.
Are carpenter ants dangerous?
Although carpenter ants can inflict painful bites, they are a greater threat to property than to people. These moisture-seeking pests are attracted to the areas of a home or business with water-damaged structural wood. While it is true that carpenter ants tunnel through structural wood like termites, they do not feed on it. Instead, they build satellite nests near their newfound food sources. Carpenter ants feed on a variety of things including proteins, sugars, and tiny insects such as aphids and scales.
Why do I have a carpenter ant problem?
The reason your Texas home is having problems with carpenter ants is because it provides ample food, water, and shelter. Gardens, trash cans, and fallen trees all attract carpenter ants. Once they are on your property, carpenter ants often move indoors once the weather becomes too harsh. These ants thrive inside of our temperature-controlled properties and become difficult to control and eliminate.
Where will I find carpenter ants?
In most cases, carpenter ants nest outside in wooded areas, where they build their nests in dead trees and tree stumps, rotting fence posts, and under rocks. Since carpenter ants often find their way into homes, it is essential to know their common indoor nesting spots. These spots include behind wall voids, behind window and door frames, in crawlspaces, and in structural wood around pipes.
How do I get rid of carpenter ants?
Get rid of carpenter ants the easy way, by partnering with an experienced, local pest control expert. NWA Pest Control is a family-owned and locally operated company keeping Northwest Arkansas area properties free of pests. Our certified professionals provide highly effective pest control services that eliminate carpenter ants and minimize their return. To learn more about our exceptional, 100% guaranteed residential or commercial pest control solutions, contact NWA Pest Control today!
How can I prevent carpenter ants in the future?
Keep destructive carpenter ants out of your Dallas Metro area home or business with the help of the following prevention tips:
- Keep garbage cans and compost bins away from the exterior of your property and make sure they have tight-fitting lids.
- Inspect your property’s exterior, sealing any openings leading into your home or business.
- Use dehumidifiers inside your home or business, and properly ventilate crawlspaces.
- Remove fallen trees, tree stumps, and wood debris from your yard.
- Store food inside the refrigerator or in airtight containers.
- Vacuum your floors, wipe down counters, and wash dishes regularly.
- Seal spaces around pipes, electrical wires, and other utilities entering into your property.
- Place a barrier of crushed rock or stone between your property’s foundation and any mulch or grass.
- Install weather stripping around windows and doors, and maintain gutters to prevent water from seeping into your building.